“Leading Through Learning—Healthcare Innovation and Reform”
THE DMSG MISSION STATEMENT:
“To create an objective environment for leading through learning to provide a platform for educating our members about issues the Healthcare Industry is facing. Our goal is to always maintain an objective culture.”
Words from the CEO and Founder of the DMSG, Chris Hadley:
The Denver Medical Study Group has partnered its Student Intern Program with MBA Programs in Healthcare Management, Healthcare Administration and Health Policy at different universities in Colorado and other states. If you are interested in creating a formal Student Intern program with us for your students, contact me at 303-249-5572 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be opening doors to allow your graduate students to get “hands-on” experience working with leaders in the healthcare industry. They will have the opportunity to be “published” as they create research papers to be shared with the DMSG Community of over 1100 members in Colorado and 28 other states in the USA.
What are the benefits of the DMSG Student Internship Program?
1. Opportunity for student interns to present the student’s topic outline at a monthly DMSG Advisory Board meeting, whose members who have many years of experience and knowledge about healthcare and healthcare contacts.
2. The opportunity to connect and network with healthcare professionals (providers, administrators, and other nationally recognized frontline service providers) as part of student’s research for the topic selected.
3. The opportunity to be published via email to our 1100+ members and on the DMSG website to our DMSG Community here in Colorado and in over half of the country’s other states.
4. Letters of recommendation for successful students graduating from the DMSG Student Intern program are available if requested.
5. Job interview opportunities may exist through the exposure to the DMSG Community via student’s research paper publication.
6. The result of the research the student has done is the student becomes more informed about the healthcare topic chosen that may lead to other research or new opportunities.
Student Intern Application Requirements:
1. Name, email address, cell phone number2. Name of the student’s University and the program the student is in
3. Student’s resume, bio and/or curriculum vitae
4. Brief explanation of why the student wants to be a DMSG Student Intern
5. Career goals upon graduation
6. Potential research topic student is interested in
7. Recommendation from student’s faculty advisor
8. Determination if research paper is required for student’s program.
The DMSG Student Intern Program Time Guidelines/Schedule:
1. The program is typically based on two sixteen (16) week terms beginning on Sept. 1st and Feb. 1st. Students’ start dates may be staggered to fit quarter or semester systems.
2. Student’s meetings with the DMSG President will be virtual on Zoom and will be every two weeks.
3. Student may be assigned to work with one or more of the DMSG Advisory Board members for research support.
4. Students should expect to spend approximately 25 hours of actual time for meetings, research online, conversations with healthcare experts and Advisory Board members.
5. Final research paper preparation time will vary depending on topic chosen and the student’s skill in writing research papers.
The DMSG is here to help our student interns become knowledgeable about the topic they have chosen and to give them the exposure to the healthcare world. Through their research, they will have opened doors for each one to take the next step upon graduation in determining his/her healthcare career.
We wish them the very best as they continue to grow in healthcare,
Founder and President
Like Us On Facebook
“National Healthcare Innovation Think Tank”