Healthcare Mergers & Acquisitions in the Wake of Covid-19
Please join us March 4th at 11:30 am MST for a presentation with Dana Jacoby and Gary Herschman
This presentation will explore the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the healthcare industry, insights into recent buyouts, consolidation, and mergers and acquisitions.
The pandemic has had divergent affects – both acceleration and deceleration – on consolidation activity throughout different sectors of the healthcare industry, with varying levels of change. Based on real-world insights and onsite experiences, the panelists will analyze proactive strategies that healthcare providers should be considering in order to survive and thrive in the new post COVID-19 evolving marketplace.
Since every sector of the healthcare industry has been operationally challenged by COVID-19 in a variety of ways, healthcare leaders need to be mindful about market trends, new emerging sectors of change, and best practices.
The presentation will include pros and cons of mergers, affiliations, joint ventures, and new operational initiatives and will provide the audience with the following key takeaways:
- How the pandemic has impacted healthcare consolidation activity – a sector by sector analysis
- Current healthcare M&A trends from 4Q 2020 through 2021 and post-pandemic
- How to prepare your business for a potential sale or investor partnership to maximize your valuation (and avoid de-valuation)
- What to expect in a strategic transaction – key stages in the process, and major deal terms
- New and Emerging Opportunities post-pandemic and into 2021
- Impact of technology and other market disruptors on M&A activity long-term
- Best practices regardless of moving forward with joint ventures and/or M&A activity:
- Physicians favor acquisition by organizations that provide financial stability and but still offer physician autonomy.
- If autonomy and independence is the goal, how to achieve that end short-and-long-term
About Our Panelists
Dana Jacoby, CEO, Vector Medical Group, is recognized as a difference maker and trusted advisor to health system executives, medical practices, vendors, and other stakeholders in optimizing patient care while also elevating financial and operational performance. Dana’s passion for operational excellence has driven a distinguished record of achievement at the intersection of market data, measurement and analytics, strategy design and implementation, and technology innovation. She is a published author and engages audiences as a keynote speaker, educator, and subject matter expert at medical forums, summits, and conferences. Dana has played a pivotal role in leading transformation throughout the highly regulated and value-centric healthcare industry.
Gary Herschman is a healthcare M&A attorney and partner at Epstein, Becker & Green. Gary has been advising healthcare providers and business on mergers, acquisitions, and other strategic transactions for over 25 years, and is known throughout the country as a top leader in healthcare consolidation deals. Gary writes articles and is quoted on this topic in many national publications (including Bloomberg Health, Crains, Beckers, Fierce Healthcare and others), and is a frequent speaker at healthcare industry conferences across the country. In particular, he advises hospitals, healthcare systems, physician groups, long-term care companies, ASCs, and healthcare technology companies on their most important and strategic transactions.
WHEN: Thursday, March 4th 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. MST–Mountain Standard Time.
WHERE: Online. This will be a Virtual Event through GoToWebinar
REGISTER: In order to offset expenses associated with our presentation and to continue promoting a quality product, there is a $15 charge for this event.